Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Would anyone else here like to see 3DConnexion support?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I for one would love it if Comsol would work with my Space Explorer, am I the only one? If you would like Comsol to support these 3D control devices please post here. I'm hoping they will act if there is a strong response.

Gary

11 Replies Last Post 2022/01/13 11:54 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Gary Richardson

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/08/09 10:25 GMT-4
Sure. I would like to use this if they had one.
Sure. I would like to use this if they had one.

Posted: 10 years ago 2014/04/05 14:12 GMT-4
I would like to see COMSOL to support 3DConnexion navigator

--
Dx
I would like to see COMSOL to support 3DConnexion navigator -- Dx

Posted: 9 years ago 2015/03/18 6:51 GMT-4
I would like to see COMSOL to support 3DConnexion Navigator, too.
I would like to see COMSOL to support 3DConnexion Navigator, too.

Posted: 9 years ago 2015/07/16 14:10 GMT-4
I would like to see support for 3d mice as well!
I would like to see support for 3d mice as well!

Posted: 8 years ago 2016/01/08 14:29 GMT-5
Yes, that would be great!
Yes, that would be great!

Posted: 8 years ago 2016/01/21 2:40 GMT-5
It will be nice to use the 3D Connexion mouse in COMSOL ! Is Comsol working on this Topic ?
It will be nice to use the 3D Connexion mouse in COMSOL ! Is Comsol working on this Topic ?

Posted: 8 years ago 2016/01/21 3:57 GMT-5
[...] Is Comsol working on this Topic ? [...]
I would like to know this too. From the day i startet using COMSOL I'm hoping for this feature to exist in the next update.
Besides 3DConnexion support it would be nice if you could select a profile which defines the behavior of the mouse. So you could select if you want to control your model like in Creo, SolidWorks, Catia,...
[...] Is Comsol working on this Topic ? [...] I would like to know this too. From the day i startet using COMSOL I'm hoping for this feature to exist in the next update. Besides 3DConnexion support it would be nice if you could select a profile which defines the behavior of the mouse. So you could select if you want to control your model like in Creo, SolidWorks, Catia,...

Posted: 8 years ago 2016/03/25 19:58 GMT-4
I would like to see this feature added as well.
I would like to see this feature added as well.

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 5 years ago 2019/09/13 11:33 GMT-4
Updated: 5 years ago 2019/09/13 11:48 GMT-4

I am a couple of years late with this announcement, but we've supported 3DConnexion products since version 5.3a. Read more on what was introduced at version 5.3a.

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
I am a couple of years late with this announcement, but we've supported 3DConnexion products since version 5.3a. Read more on what was introduced at [version 5.3a](https://www.comsol.com/release/5.3a). Jeff

Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 2 years ago 2022/01/13 10:57 GMT-5
Updated: 2 years ago 2022/01/13 11:38 GMT-5

Today's COMSOL blog post, 2 ways to use a 3DConnexion SpaceMouse with COMSOL, demonstrates some of the benefits of using a SpaceMouse to navigate the COMSOL graphical user interface.

Best,

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Today's COMSOL blog post, [2 ways to use a 3DConnexion SpaceMouse with COMSOL](https://www.comsol.com/blogs/2-ways-to-use-a-3dconnexion-spacemouse-with-comsol/), demonstrates some of the benefits of using a SpaceMouse to navigate the COMSOL graphical user interface. Best, Jeff

Posted: 2 years ago 2022/01/13 11:54 GMT-5

I have used the 3D mouse with COMSOL for a couple of years now. Great functionality. You need to go into options and activate it.

I have used the 3D mouse with COMSOL for a couple of years now. Great functionality. You need to go into options and activate it.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.