Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Geometry issue: Domain selection

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a strange issue in defining the geometry of a couple of beams with thin layers. In the model attached, the domains work as expected and are all selectable. However when I enable the last geometry element, which should simply split some of the domains in two (useful for mesh control), the thin layer on the bottom of the top beam is no longer selectable as a domain in for example the material selection, and seems to be lumped in with the main large box in the selection list. Does anyone have any ideas why this is so/what I have defined wrong? I'm using COMSOL 4.3.0.233. Thanks for your help!

1 Reply Last Post 2012/10/03 9:55 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/10/03 9:55 GMT-4
In case anyone else has this issue, COMSOL support have got back to me, and are still investigating the root cause, but a work around is to split the domains by an extruded line from the work plane not by a 3D block.
In case anyone else has this issue, COMSOL support have got back to me, and are still investigating the root cause, but a work around is to split the domains by an extruded line from the work plane not by a 3D block.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.