Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Volume calculation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,
I would like to calculate the deformed volume of a half ellipsoid void embedded in circular domain caused by internal pressure boundary load. I try to use deformed mesh but I did not get any results. Can anyone help me to get start of how to get the undeformed void volume and deformed volume? I am beginning of using 4.3.

1 Reply Last Post 2012/10/18 4:50 GMT-4
Henrik Sönnerlind COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/10/18 4:50 GMT-4
Hi,

The easiest way of computing the volume of a void is to convert the volume integral into a surface integral using Gauss' theorem. This technique is shown in the Model Library model "Hyperelastic seal". In this way, you do not need to mesh the void at all.

Regards,
Henrik
Hi, The easiest way of computing the volume of a void is to convert the volume integral into a surface integral using Gauss' theorem. This technique is shown in the Model Library model "Hyperelastic seal". In this way, you do not need to mesh the void at all. Regards, Henrik

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.