Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

negative scattering cross section

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello I am getting negative scattering cross section when simulating mie scattering by a sphere, what's the reason behind this?

1 Reply Last Post 2023/04/03 17:03 GMT-4
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 year ago 2023/04/03 17:03 GMT-4

Although it is possible that someone here just might be able to guess the answer to your question without any additional information, I encourage you to post your .mph file to the forum, so that it can be reviewed by others here, and so that the issue(s) in your particular model will be easier to identify.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Although it is possible that someone here just might be able to guess the answer to your question without any additional information, I encourage you to post your .mph file to the forum, so that it can be reviewed by others here, and so that the issue(s) in your particular model will be easier to identify.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.