Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Transient thin film liquid profile development but can't seem to get the sim off the ground

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all. Newbie at COMSOL and would like to get some help.

I'd like to model a thin strip of liquid that is initially held at a uniform thickness up to a certain height against a vertical wall. I'd like to see how that water will fall. However the initial condition keeps failing and COMSOL cannot proceed further.

Could anyone help take a look? Or provide some pointers as to how to construct such a model? I've been trying to adapt the laminar wave level set model to this but it's either the geometry or something I missed while copy pasting, I couldn't get mine to work properly.

Any help would be much appreciated.

1 Reply Last Post 2023/09/13 11:36 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello clcl4636

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 months ago 2023/09/13 11:36 GMT-4

Hello,

I've got exactly the same problem, and I also fail in running it without diverging at the end... I also have added inlet at top and outlet at bottom..

Thank you to solving this.

Yves

Hello, I've got exactly the same problem, and I also fail in running it without diverging at the end... I also have added inlet at top and outlet at bottom.. Thank you to solving this. Yves

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.