Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Adding heat transfer modelling to SOFC module

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Good morning. I am trying to solve the flow in a single-cell planar SOFC in COMSOL. The last months I tried solving it in Fluent but to no success because of unconverging residuals. So now I switched to COMSOL because I figure solving may be much faster and the module is better than Fluent's. To start I was following the guide on setting up the SOFC on COMSOL (https://www.comsol.com/model/current-density-distribution-in-a-solid-oxide-fuel-cell-514) and successfully set up the problem. I am now having problems adding the energy equation to the model. I have tried adding the both "heat transfer in solids and fluids" for the channels and electrolyte, and the "heat transfer in porous media" for the electrodes but keep getting errors. I find no help online or guide or instructions as to how to add heat modelling to the module. My goal is to solve for mass, momentum, electrochemical and heat (only one missing). Can anyone point me in a certain direction or provide me with a link to some guide? Thank you very much. Giovanni

0 Replies Last Post 2023/06/17 4:42 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Giovanni Santori

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.