Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

GaAs Nanowire Cavity

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi Everyone,

I am simulating an 3D hexagonal GaAs nanowire. I am using the Eigenfreuqncy analysis to obtain the reseaonant modes and the quality factor of the cavity. My simulating set up consists of a nanowire surrounded by a air, I defined a sphercal geometry around the nanowire az the air and a second spherical as PML around the entire geometry. I am using the refractive index of 3.5 for GaAs nanowire and the refractive index of unity for air surrounding it. However, the values of the quality factor is very small (around 30) which seems to be off. I was wondering if someone has encountered a similar problem. How can I correctly calculate the quality factor?

I would appreciate any helps or suggestions. thanks.

0 Replies Last Post 2023/07/17 5:39 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Parya Reyhanian

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.