Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

calculate stray capacitance for a 5-turn coil

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I want to calculate the stray capacitance for a 5-turn coil.
I use AC/DC module, 2D axisymmetry, stationary study and parametric sweep.

There are two questions about this calculation:
1. When I calculate the mutual capacitance between two turns, such as the capacitance between turn1 and turn2, I can get es.C12 and es.C22. I think es.C12 is the mutual capacitance. But I don't know what es.C22 is. because there is no shield or ground point in the simulation.
2. Can I get all mutual capacitance values in one simulation? For example, set a right range value in parametric sweep, and compute one time. Then get C12, C23, C34, C45.

I attach my case.

I am very appreciated for your help!

Regards,
Anita H.

0 Replies Last Post 2012/11/09 12:00 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Anita Huang

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.