Does Heat transfer in Porous medium solve Navier-stokes equations?

Sumanth Phani Varma Penmetcha

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone!

I am working on modeling thermal degradation of biomass particle using COMSOL Multiphysics. The physics modules that I am using are Heat transfer in Porous medium and Reaction Engineering.

Since the wood particle that I am modeling is surrounded by Fluid(air), I have added Fluid manually under Heat Transfer in Porous medium module. I wonder does the module solve for Navier-stokes equation or not? Because it does not show anything under equation option.

1 Reply Last Post 2023/12/18 13:01 GMT-5
Sumanth Phani Varma Penmetcha

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 4 months ago 2023/12/18 13:01 GMT-5

Also, why aren't the physics module coupling with eachother automatically? I mean when I turn on Heat transfer and porous medium and Reaction engineering, the concentration of the species are the same as when I turn off the heat transfer in porous medium?

Why is that not affecting the Reaction engineering module?

Also, why aren't the physics module coupling with eachother automatically? I mean when I turn on Heat transfer and porous medium and Reaction engineering, the concentration of the species are the same as when I turn off the heat transfer in porous medium? Why is that not affecting the Reaction engineering module?

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.