Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to generate a "Join Data" set from parametric steps?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

How to generate a "Join Data" set from two stationary and parametric steps?

Hello everybody. Does anyone know how to merge two solutions when one of them is the continuation of the other? For instance, one solution belongs to a study step with a parameter p going from 0 to 1 and the other solution is from another study step with p going from 1 to 2. Of course, I would like to use the "whole" solution (p from 0 to 2), not to compare or operate with them. I try to do an "Explicit" join and I get the message "The solutions are incompatible".

Thanks.

Jesus.

2 Replies Last Post 2014/11/26 6:30 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Jesus Lucio

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 9 years ago 2014/11/26 4:56 GMT-5
Hi, I have the same question only relating to a time-dependent solution. I have one study step t=0....10 and another study step t=0...4 and I'd like to merge them into one data set so that I can make an animation.

For sure I can change the latter steps to t=11,...15

But when I do join it seems to be glomming everything on top. Actually, I cant see where the second steps are going at all.

Thanks, John
Hi, I have the same question only relating to a time-dependent solution. I have one study step t=0....10 and another study step t=0...4 and I'd like to merge them into one data set so that I can make an animation. For sure I can change the latter steps to t=11,...15 But when I do join it seems to be glomming everything on top. Actually, I cant see where the second steps are going at all. Thanks, John

Posted: 9 years ago 2014/11/26 6:30 GMT-5
Hi

I regret to say (I asked support) that it is not possible to merge such solutions, at least until version 4.4. I think neither in version 5.0 . Let's hope COMSOL can do that in a near future.

Jesus.
Hi I regret to say (I asked support) that it is not possible to merge such solutions, at least until version 4.4. I think neither in version 5.0 . Let's hope COMSOL can do that in a near future. Jesus.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.