AFM model

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am doing a Project on Atomic Force Microscope and design a flexure with piezo attached to it,it is stacked piezo with 50 element. On giving a potential of 150 V I am getting the deflection of 16 micrometer in the z direction. But on doing experiment I am getting the deflection of 50 micrometer.What could be the reason for this difference and how could I could solve this?

Thank You

1 Reply Last Post 2024/01/16 20:21 GMT-5
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 3 months ago 2024/01/16 20:21 GMT-5
Updated: 3 months ago 2024/01/16 20:15 GMT-5

There are many possible reasons why a numerical model might not match an experiment. Which of the following do you believe more? (1) that your experiment was done properly and the measurement(s) made accurately, but that there is something wrong with the model, or (2) that the model was prepared properly and executed/interpreted correctly, but that there was something wrong with the conduct of the experiment? If you think the model is what is wrong here, then I encourage you to post your .mph file to the forum, so that other Comsol users can review it and offer suggestions.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
There are *many* possible reasons why a numerical model might not match an experiment. Which of the following do you believe more? (1) that your experiment was done properly and the measurement(s) made accurately, but that there is something wrong with the model, or (2) that the model was prepared properly and executed/interpreted correctly, but that there was something wrong with the conduct of the experiment? If you think the *model* is what is wrong here, then I encourage you to post your .mph file to the forum, so that other Comsol users can review it and offer suggestions.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.