Fatigue analysis after a Time Dependent study

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello everyone,

I'm running a fatigue simulation after a time dependend (thermal and mechanical) simulation.

The output I'm looking for is the "Fatigue Usage Factor" but in every time step of the time dependend simulation. But it is not the cas! I only have the final value. I'm looking to calculate the evolution of the Fatigue Usage Factor with all time steps.

Can you please let me know if you have a solution to this questions?

Thank you very much in advance. Iliass

3 Replies Last Post 2024/02/15 5:05 GMT-5
Mats Danielsson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 3 months ago 2024/02/08 10:26 GMT-5

Dear Iliass Tahiri,

What type of fatigue feature are you using? Cumulative Damage? Stress-Based?

The short answer is that you cannot currently trace the evolution of the fatigue usage factor with time, but it would be helpful to know more about your particular model setup.

Mats

Dear Iliass Tahiri, What type of fatigue feature are you using? Cumulative Damage? Stress-Based? The short answer is that you cannot currently trace the evolution of the fatigue usage factor with time, but it would be helpful to know more about your particular model setup. Mats

Posted: 2 months ago 2024/02/14 4:09 GMT-5

Dear Mats,

Thank you for your answer. For now I'm using a cumulative damage fatigue approach since my I have combined mechanical and thermal loads.

One idea I have since it's not possible is to run the model with various time limit, derive the fatigue usage factor at these time limit. Please let me know what you think.

Best regards, Iliass

Dear Mats, Thank you for your answer. For now I'm using a cumulative damage fatigue approach since my I have combined mechanical and thermal loads. One idea I have since it's not possible is to run the model with various time limit, derive the fatigue usage factor at these time limit. Please let me know what you think. Best regards, Iliass

Mats Danielsson COMSOL Employee

Posted: 2 months ago 2024/02/15 5:05 GMT-5

Dear Mats,

Thank you for your answer. For now I'm using a cumulative damage fatigue approach since my I have combined mechanical and thermal loads.

One idea I have since it's not possible is to run the model with various time limit, derive the fatigue usage factor at these time limit. Please let me know what you think.

Best regards, Iliass

Dear Iliass,

I think it would be good if you contacted our support engineers with your specific case. If you refer to this conversation, I will be in the loop also.

Mats

>Dear Mats, > >Thank you for your answer. For now I'm using a cumulative damage fatigue approach since my I have combined mechanical and thermal loads. > >One idea I have since it's not possible is to run the model with various time limit, derive the fatigue usage factor at these time limit. Please let me know what you think. > >Best regards, >Iliass Dear Iliass, I think it would be good if you contacted our support engineers with your specific case. If you refer to this conversation, I will be in the loop also. Mats

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.