Thin Layer boundary in Heat Transfer in Solids can only be modelled via Thick Approximation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I've been using the Heat Transfer in Solids module but noticed that for the Thin Shell (boundary) node the Layer Type drop-down menu only contains the "Thermally thick approximation" option. Is there a possibility that I'm missing a license that is required for any of the remaining 2 options - "General" and "Thermally thin approximation"?

This appears to be the case for 3D, 2D, 2D axisymmetric, and for blank models from scratch.

Kind regards, Alex

1 Reply Last Post 2024/02/20 9:52 GMT-5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 months ago 2024/02/20 9:52 GMT-5

I am in fact missing the Heat Transfer module, as apparently there is some heat transfer in the base COMSOL license which confused me thinking that I did have access to the Heat Transfer module.

Can be closed.

I am in fact missing the Heat Transfer module, as apparently there is some heat transfer in the base COMSOL license which confused me thinking that I did have access to the Heat Transfer module. Can be closed.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.