Nanofluid flow by using single-phase approach

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello. I am new at COMSOL and I need help about multiphase flow.

I want to model a nanofluid flow through a pipe. The fluid consists of dispersed solid particles and base liquid. I do not want to model it with two-phase approach (e.g. eulerian-eulerian or mixture). I want to model it by single-phase approach. Please do not be confused. The flow has dispersed particles and base liquid but the approach should be single-phase approach.

How do I do that? Which library should I use?

Another question is I do not want to model spherical particles. I want to model other geometries as well. How do I do that too? By changing the geometry just effects the thermal conductivity of the fluid so maybe I can still use spherical particles but different thermal conductivity. Because i cannot think another way to do that.

Thanks

0 Replies Last Post 2024/03/02 10:13 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Berk Akdemir

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.