COMSOL Error about a PC Problem

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Feature: Stationary Solver 1 (sol1/s1)
Failed to evaluate initial residual for segregated step 2.
Attempt to evaluate real square root of negative number.
- Function: sqrt
Failed to evaluate expression.
- Expression: nojac((1.4142135623730951455^(1-shapeorder(comp1.k)))*max(((((0.5*abs(comp1.spf.res_k))*comp1.spf.xiu_k)*sqrt(comp1.spf.gugijgu_k))-((comp1.spf.res_k^2)*comp1.spf.tauScCwd_k))/max(comp1.spf.rho*comp1.spf.gugijgu_k,eps),0))
Failed to evaluate variable.
- Variable: comp1.spf.vhCwd_k
Failed to evaluate temporary symbolic derivative variable.
- Variable: comp1.spf.crosswindk@VDN$2{test@148}
Failed to evaluate expression.
- Expression: dvol_spatial*(-(comp1.spf.rho*(comp1.spf.vhCwd_k*(((comp1.kx*comp1.spf.gijxz)+(comp1.ky*comp1.spf.gijyz))+(comp1.kz*comp1.spf.gijzz)))))
Failed to evaluate Jacobian of expression.
- Expression: (-comp1.spf.crosswindk)*(dvol_spatial)

it's my error message

but, It doesn't look like BC and mesh problem. because other PCs are computing models well. what is the problem about my computer?

3 Replies Last Post 2024/03/22 14:50 GMT-4
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 month ago 2024/03/21 17:37 GMT-4
Updated: 1 month ago 2024/03/21 17:37 GMT-4

Usually this kind of error message means that something is not completely specified. Invariably no one can say more without looking at the model.

I'm quite sure it has nothing to do with OP's PC unless he made a typo and meant BC.

Usually this kind of error message means that something is not completely specified. Invariably no one can say more without looking at the model. I'm quite sure it has nothing to do with OP's PC unless he made a typo and meant BC.

Posted: 1 month ago 2024/03/22 0:22 GMT-4
Updated: 1 month ago 2024/03/22 0:23 GMT-4

I'm computing my model on another PC, but I haven't seen an error like it That's why I think it's not my model problem

I'm computing my model on another PC, but I haven't seen an error like it That's why I think it's not my model problem

Edgar J. Kaiser Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 month ago 2024/03/22 14:50 GMT-4

I agree with Dave, that it is very unlikely that such an error message is related to an issue with hardware or the operating system. It just isn't giving an indiction in that direction. If you want to insist on a computer related problem, you will need to run extensive diagnostics on your PC regarding CPU, memory, peripherals etc. The forum will not able to assist because only you have access to the machine.

-------------------
Edgar J. Kaiser
emPhys Physical Technology
www.emphys.com
I agree with Dave, that it is very unlikely that such an error message is related to an issue with hardware or the operating system. It just isn't giving an indiction in that direction. If you want to insist on a computer related problem, you will need to run extensive diagnostics on your PC regarding CPU, memory, peripherals etc. The forum will not able to assist because only you have access to the machine.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.