Error: "Failed to find a solution. Maximum number of Newton iterations reached..."

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm trying to model a magnetic coil with magnetic shielding around it. I'm incorporating magnetic saturation into the model and I'm trying to model the working in this limit. My study is in the stationary domain, but I keep running into this error and I'm not sure if there is something wrong with the physical model I have or the way I'm going about it. I have played around with the Mesh size and the max Newtonian iterations, but nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the BH curve data interpolated as well. The file is too big, so I'm not able to attach it to this post.

1 Reply Last Post 2024/04/28 14:36 GMT-4
Dave Greve Certified Consultant

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 2 weeks ago 2024/04/28 14:36 GMT-4

Unless your geometry and/ or setup is extremely complex you will be able to reduce the file to a reasonable size for posting by deleting solutions and meshes. Without looking at the file only uninformed speculation is possible.

I have found that sometimes ramping the permeability from low values will help with convergence. If this is a frequency-dependent simulation then a finite air conductivity is necessary for converence.

Unless your geometry and/ or setup is extremely complex you will be able to reduce the file to a reasonable size for posting by deleting solutions and meshes. Without looking at the file only uninformed speculation is possible. I have found that sometimes ramping the permeability from low values will help with convergence. If this is a frequency-dependent simulation then a finite air conductivity is necessary for converence.

Please read the discussion forum rules before posting.

Please log in to post a reply.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.