Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

problem with port boundary condition

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I am trying to simulate a coupler so I need to set a port as inport and I have to select "wave excitation at this port " check box but it's inactive.
How can I activate it?

Thanks,

sara

3 Replies Last Post 2013/03/08 18:37 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013/03/07 15:42 GMT-5
Hi

if yI remember well there are some limitations on the boundaries where these can apply (eiteh internal or external but how it was back in 3.5 times is getting to vague for me, try to check the doc, and verify for which type of boundary it applies

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi if yI remember well there are some limitations on the boundaries where these can apply (eiteh internal or external but how it was back in 3.5 times is getting to vague for me, try to check the doc, and verify for which type of boundary it applies -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013/03/08 14:03 GMT-5

Hi Ivar,

Thanks, the problem was that it was defined as an inner boundary,I apply the sourc (the defult of comsol) ,but there is no wave propagation so S-parameter does not return any diagram, what should I do?

Best Regards,

Sara
Hi Ivar, Thanks, the problem was that it was defined as an inner boundary,I apply the sourc (the defult of comsol) ,but there is no wave propagation so S-parameter does not return any diagram, what should I do? Best Regards, Sara

Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013/03/08 18:37 GMT-5
The simplest rule here is, "Don't try to define an internal boundary as a port." I have found that it is generally possible to configure the geometry of just about any problem so that ports can always be placed on only external boundaries.
The simplest rule here is, "Don't try to define an internal boundary as a port." I have found that it is generally possible to configure the geometry of just about any problem so that ports can always be placed on only external boundaries.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.