Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Material Distribution Generation (geometry)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear colleagues,

I am modeling Oxygen reduction on MIEC (Mixed Ionic and Electronic Conducting) cathodes for SOFCs (Solid Oxide Fuel Cells). I started with a simple 3D geometry that model the processes in a dense non porous MIEC cathode material. The model is running very perfectly.

Now I need to apply the model to a more realistic porous 3D cathode material. To do this, I realize I need to create a new geometry of the cathode with randomly distributed percolating pores and the MIEC material. I just cant figure out how to go about creating such geometry.

Similar work has been done by Rüger et al 2007: "3D-Microstructure Modeling and Performance Evaluation for SOFC MIEC Cathodes" (Excerpts from the Proceedings of the COMSOL Users Conference 2007, Grenoble). Attached to this post is a copy of that paper, as a .pdf file. Figure 2 on page 4 of that paper is exactly the geometry that I wish to generate using COMSOL Multiphysics.

Please, could someone give me tips on how to generate such geometry?

Best Regards

Emile Tabu OJONG

1 Reply Last Post 2009/08/04 1:56 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2009/08/04 1:56 GMT-4
how about using block geometry and array icon?
how about using block geometry and array icon?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.