Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Linking swept with thets

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

How can i combine a swept and thet mesh together?

Picture shows actually totally my problem :D

Im done with the rest and really happy ;)

4 Replies Last Post 2013/04/22 5:22 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013/04/21 13:21 GMT-4
x
x

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013/04/21 14:47 GMT-4
Hi

you have 2 ways:
1) in assembly modes with dedoubled boundaries, one can be coarse swep mesh, the other a finer tets or any other type (but this is not the way I would start with)

2) the default, you sweep your mesh, you select all boundries that are common to domains with TETH mesh and you apply a "mesh - convert node) such that all these boundaries have thereafter a triangular mesh (3 nodes), which is compliant with the teth mesh structure (4 nodes)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you have 2 ways: 1) in assembly modes with dedoubled boundaries, one can be coarse swep mesh, the other a finer tets or any other type (but this is not the way I would start with) 2) the default, you sweep your mesh, you select all boundries that are common to domains with TETH mesh and you apply a "mesh - convert node) such that all these boundaries have thereafter a triangular mesh (3 nodes), which is compliant with the teth mesh structure (4 nodes) -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013/04/22 5:04 GMT-4
Awesome it worked !!! Youre a genius man ;) Thanks a lot for the good work and advices.

For all who'll have this problem in time: I just refined the edges of the module in z y and x directions along the sandwich-element to make small elements possible because the rubber is nearly 1 mm thick so it fits best. Then i used the tool to convert nodes and made a diagonal line in the squares = 3 node elements. Then it worked perfectly.
Awesome it worked !!! Youre a genius man ;) Thanks a lot for the good work and advices. For all who'll have this problem in time: I just refined the edges of the module in z y and x directions along the sandwich-element to make small elements possible because the rubber is nearly 1 mm thick so it fits best. Then i used the tool to convert nodes and made a diagonal line in the squares = 3 node elements. Then it worked perfectly.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2013/04/22 5:22 GMT-4
Hi

Thanks, but I do not feel as a "genius" though,
I would rather say COMSOL is genius,

but I agree with all the liberty we have with this software there are many buttons available to tweak, it takes some time to learn them :)

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Thanks, but I do not feel as a "genius" though, I would rather say COMSOL is genius, but I agree with all the liberty we have with this software there are many buttons available to tweak, it takes some time to learn them :) -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.