Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Using non-linear materials ε(E)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello to everyone. I encountered with a problem during using an nonlinear material, where a relative permittivity depends on electric field strength in a certain material. During the simulation I got an error "Attempt to evaluate negative power of zero. Function: ^...". The model is attached (SCT_v3_linear_.mph, Model 3). This is the same model as the model considered here (quickfield.com/advanced/telec3.htm). Could some one possibly tell me how I can fix the problem, where I am wrong. This problem I got in electrostatic and in electric currents. Changing of Initial values has no effect.
Thank you very much for any help, idea, advice.

0 Replies Last Post 2013/08/01 3:42 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello gsairus

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.