Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Solving ODE with COMSOL

Manuel Didy Rosas Hirache

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Please like me guidance on how I should introduce ODE with COMSOL 3.5, trajectory simulations are the solution of ODE equations (below) to applied acoustic radiation force which are based on the eigenfrequencies found according to my query yesterday, then the new value obtained with COMSOL 3.5' It ODE equations (balance of movement) and R write with MATLAB 7.4 and finally get the trajectory of particles but with MATLAB.

My question is how should I introduce my ODE equations with COMSOL 3.5 and that as I have read in the guide multiphysic COMSOL ODE can be solved.

The equations governing the motion inside a tube are:

a, b, c, d, e, f are constant

x and y are variables 2D

x " second derivative of x with respect to time

x ' first derivative of x with respect to time

x''= a * (y ^ 2) - x '+ c (1)

ay''= d * sin (d * y) - e * y '+ f (2)

boundary conditions t = 0 x = xo and y = yo
final time t = 5

solving equations (1) and (2) I can plot the movement of particles

Please please tell me how I can add these ODE with COMSOL 3.5 and confused I see the brief explanation of the guide multiphysic

Attentively

Manuel Rosas

manueldidy@yahoo.es

1 Reply Last Post 2010/04/29 16:43 GMT-4

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/04/29 16:43 GMT-4
You can use easily the "global equations" under physics menu.
You can use easily the "global equations" under physics menu.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.