Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Torque calculation (V3.5a)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi there,

I am modelling a 8/6 generator to work in wind energy. I am tyring to analyse the magnetic characteristics of the machine. I inject current density in the winding and manage to get the magnetic flux data. I would really appreciate if anyone can advice me on how to get the torque data.

Thanks in advance.

Amissa

1 Reply Last Post 2010/04/29 19:34 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/04/29 19:34 GMT-4
Hi

normally you have the reaction forces and momentum (in structural) as postprocessing entities, they use the reacf() functions. Less precise there are the moment from the cross stress items. In EM there are the Maxwell stress tensor, with some precautions (to use on material to air interface + symmetric mesh, see a couple of older discussions on the forum) there is a chapter in the memsUG.pdf and acdcug.pdf.

Hope this helps
Ivar
Hi normally you have the reaction forces and momentum (in structural) as postprocessing entities, they use the reacf() functions. Less precise there are the moment from the cross stress items. In EM there are the Maxwell stress tensor, with some precautions (to use on material to air interface + symmetric mesh, see a couple of older discussions on the forum) there is a chapter in the memsUG.pdf and acdcug.pdf. Hope this helps Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.