Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Splitting up subdomains

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I know this is a basic question but I am extremely new to Comsol (3 days from the yoke).
I have a subdomain that I wish to split into two (two different fluids to be precise) I have the boundary where I want it but I don’t know how to force the single sub domain into two.

Thank you in advance

Zack

3 Replies Last Post 2010/05/13 15:08 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/05/13 14:48 GMT-4
Hi Zack,

Try coercing all to curve (first select all the items included) and then coerce to solid, then hit the dynamite (explode) and it should become as advertised.
Hi Zack, Try coercing all to curve (first select all the items included) and then coerce to solid, then hit the dynamite (explode) and it should become as advertised.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/05/13 14:52 GMT-4
I get error: 2197
Operation resulted in empty geometry object

when i attempt to coerce from curve to solid
I get error: 2197 Operation resulted in empty geometry object when i attempt to coerce from curve to solid

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/05/13 15:08 GMT-4
EXPLANATION
Geometry operation resulted in an empty geometry object which is not allowed. Make sure an empty geometry object is not created.

(comsol reference)

can you post a schematic/model?
EXPLANATION Geometry operation resulted in an empty geometry object which is not allowed. Make sure an empty geometry object is not created. (comsol reference) can you post a schematic/model?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.