Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Comsol 4 - initial values

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I would like to know how to get the visualize the initial values before starting the solution in comsol 4.0?

Thanks,
Rakesh

1 Reply Last Post 2010/06/05 7:28 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/06/05 7:28 GMT-4
Hi

indeed the "Solve get initial values" and "Solve update model" have changed name, I'm regularly searching for them too, but they are there:

Try a
"Model tree - Study ... Study Step = Compute to Selected" or
"Model tree - Study ... Variables = Compute to Selected" or
"Model tree -Study ... Stationary = Compute to Selected" or watever you are solving for time, transient, harmonic ...

there are different "=" Compute
the Compute , Compute all, Compute using attached sequence, Compute to Selected ... all slightly or mostly different depending on context

the reply the other day from Support was (and still remain valid in 40.937 :)
For "Update Model" you have "Update Solution" on the context menu for the "Solver sequence"

Have fun comsoling

Ivar
Hi indeed the "Solve get initial values" and "Solve update model" have changed name, I'm regularly searching for them too, but they are there: Try a "Model tree - Study ... Study Step = Compute to Selected" or "Model tree - Study ... Variables = Compute to Selected" or "Model tree -Study ... Stationary = Compute to Selected" or watever you are solving for time, transient, harmonic ... there are different "=" Compute the Compute , Compute all, Compute using attached sequence, Compute to Selected ... all slightly or mostly different depending on context the reply the other day from Support was (and still remain valid in 40.937 :) For "Update Model" you have "Update Solution" on the context menu for the "Solver sequence" Have fun comsoling Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.