Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Quick Question: Are max/min pressure values stored as variables? (Aco Mod)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am running a stationary parametric sweep on simple acoustic systems.

I am trying to extract the maximum pressure value within the entire domain of each parametric instance that I run.

Knowing that the max/min values can be easily plotted, I am wondering if these values are stored under known variable names. If not, is there a way to easily get these values?

Thanks,

-Jon

3 Replies Last Post 2010/06/26 10:04 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/06/24 11:45 GMT-4
Hi Jon,

I've been trying to do a similar thing and noticed the following post,

www.comsol.co.in/community/forums/general/thread/1055/

Apparently, its not possible for V 3.5, but maybe if you've upgraded to 4.0, you can. Sorry.

As a work-around, one thing that I've been doing is specifying a point in Draw Mode, and then declaring a Point Variable for whatever I want to know at that point. This is easily extracted during the parametric sweep, but of course, only works if your max/min value is at the same point every time.
Hi Jon, I've been trying to do a similar thing and noticed the following post, http://www.comsol.co.in/community/forums/general/thread/1055/ Apparently, its not possible for V 3.5, but maybe if you've upgraded to 4.0, you can. Sorry. As a work-around, one thing that I've been doing is specifying a point in Draw Mode, and then declaring a Point Variable for whatever I want to know at that point. This is easily extracted during the parametric sweep, but of course, only works if your max/min value is at the same point every time.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/06/25 11:40 GMT-4
Thanks much for your help. In my case, I think I will be able to define a point.
Thanks much for your help. In my case, I think I will be able to define a point.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/06/26 10:04 GMT-4
Hi

Yes the conclusion was that in 3.5a and earlier you must pass via Matlab to get the min/max out, only possible since V4.0 "inside" comsol

Ivar
Hi Yes the conclusion was that in 3.5a and earlier you must pass via Matlab to get the min/max out, only possible since V4.0 "inside" comsol Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.