Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Swept Mesh

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I am trying to use the swept mesh on my model, however, I keep getting different errors. From what I understand, the problem is that I have 2 domains sharing boundaries. Is there a way to overcome this problem?
I'm attaching my file.
Thank you

1 Reply Last Post 2010/07/10 13:46 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/07/10 13:46 GMT-4
Hi

Your model file is too old for me to open (I'm only having V4 by me). In general sweep mesh has several limitations (less in V4) on the start -stop number of boundaries, the mesh coherence between the two (startt ans dtop, the general topology of the part.

I mostly cut my volumes up into smaller more regular blocks by interiour boundaries, this adds a little complexity to your model, but not much and eases the meshing for complex shapes.

Good luck
Ivar
Hi Your model file is too old for me to open (I'm only having V4 by me). In general sweep mesh has several limitations (less in V4) on the start -stop number of boundaries, the mesh coherence between the two (startt ans dtop, the general topology of the part. I mostly cut my volumes up into smaller more regular blocks by interiour boundaries, this adds a little complexity to your model, but not much and eases the meshing for complex shapes. Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.