Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

helix3 in Comsol 4 with Matlab

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

Does anybody know how it is possible to import a helicoidal "helix3" object from Matlab to Comsol 4.0a? This was very easy to do with Comsol 3.5a (create a helix3 object under Matlab and then just import this object in Comsol 3.5a) but with Comsol 4.0a the same method seems no longer possible.
Thanks for any help about that!

Roland

6 Replies Last Post 2010/11/01 6:11 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/07/19 10:40 GMT-4
I would also be very interested in knowing that. Anyone has any idea?
I would also be very interested in knowing that. Anyone has any idea?

Magnus Ringh COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/07/20 2:53 GMT-4
Hi,

The helix commands are not included in version 4.0, which is stated in the Release Notes for version 4.0a. For the upcoming version 4.1, the ability to create helices will be available not only through a command but also as a built-in geometric primitive that you can add to the geometry sequence directly in the COMSOL Desktop environment.
In the meantime, a workaround is to create the helix using 3.5a and then import the geometry into 4.0.

Best regards,
Magnus Ringh
COMSOL AB
Hi, The helix commands are not included in version 4.0, which is stated in the Release Notes for version 4.0a. For the upcoming version 4.1, the ability to create helices will be available not only through a command but also as a built-in geometric primitive that you can add to the geometry sequence directly in the COMSOL Desktop environment. In the meantime, a workaround is to create the helix using 3.5a and then import the geometry into 4.0. Best regards, Magnus Ringh COMSOL AB

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/07/20 7:59 GMT-4
Thank you for the answer. That's really appreciated.
Thank you for the answer. That's really appreciated.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/09/16 10:53 GMT-4
when will 4.1 be released? I need those features approximately yesterday.
when will 4.1 be released? I need those features approximately yesterday.

Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/09/16 12:03 GMT-4
Hi

then if I where you, I would construct it in a CAD tool

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi then if I where you, I would construct it in a CAD tool -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/11/01 6:11 GMT-4
Thanks for the guidance - just tried it in 4.1 and it's a breeze...
Thanks for the guidance - just tried it in 4.1 and it's a breeze...

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.