Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Imposing some conditions on an area rather line

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I work on Comsol 3.5a. I have a 2D axi-symmetric model. There is a circular pipe which goes into the page. There is a through-and-through hole across the pipe. I have assumed same volume flow rate on both the sides of the hole. Since the area of the holes are not same, I used different velocity condition on both the sides of the hole (to maintain same volume flow rate).

But to simulate more realistically, I would like to impose some volume flow rate to the pipe (circular region) and then let the simulation runs its course and reveal the exact volume flow rate coming out of the holes depending on the pressure conditions outside the hole. (rather than me assuming equal volume flow rates from both holes)

Can anyone suggest a method to impose volume flow rate as the boundary condition over a circular region (2D) ?

Thank you in advance

Aditya

1 Reply Last Post 2010/07/10 13:53 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/07/10 13:53 GMT-4
Hi

I have problems visualising your case, often uploading an image with the COMSOL coordinates helps, uploading a full model is also possible, but one should not always distribute free any model like that, that depends what your are working on ;)

Good luck
Ivar
Hi I have problems visualising your case, often uploading an image with the COMSOL coordinates helps, uploading a full model is also possible, but one should not always distribute free any model like that, that depends what your are working on ;) Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.