Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

using raw data for boundary condition

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have a heat transport model where I would like to import recharge temperature data as a boundary condition. Is there any way to import raw data as a boundary condition, or do I need to fit an equation of best fit to the data and then use the expression as my boundary condition?

Thank you,
Andrew

1 Reply Last Post 2010/07/10 15:41 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/07/10 15:41 GMT-4
Hi

try to get it into the format of interpolation functions of COMSOL, and then feed that into the initial values
There are a few discussions in this direction already on the forum (try a search => Go) as well as useful info in the doc

Good luck
Ivar
Hi try to get it into the format of interpolation functions of COMSOL, and then feed that into the initial values There are a few discussions in this direction already on the forum (try a search => Go) as well as useful info in the doc Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.