Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Can the program Comsol be used for modeling of ferroelectrics phase transition?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

4 Replies Last Post 2010/07/14 12:30 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/07/14 9:17 GMT-4
Who can help how can Comsol be used for modeling of ferroelectrics below Curie point.
Who can help how can Comsol be used for modeling of ferroelectrics below Curie point.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/07/14 11:05 GMT-4
Using a step function in material properties (temperature depending magnetic permeability)? But, I've never used the ACDC-Module. Is it coupled with heat transfer (-> e.g. T_htgh)?

mu=flc1hs(T_htgh-T_curie,0.5)*mu_ferro
Using a step function in material properties (temperature depending magnetic permeability)? But, I've never used the ACDC-Module. Is it coupled with heat transfer (-> e.g. T_htgh)? mu=flc1hs(T_htgh-T_curie,0.5)*mu_ferro

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/07/14 12:21 GMT-4
I want to obtain the distribution of spontaneous polarization and electrical potantial which appear in ferroelectrics below Curie point. I'm modeling a composition material consisting of dielectric matrix and ferroelectrics grains. The polarization and potential submit partial differential system below Curie point. This partial differential system is non-linear and has following view:

æ•?? + ?•? - ?•?^3 = d?/dz-E0
?•?? = 4?•dP/dz

I want to obtain the distribution of spontaneous polarization and electrical potantial which appear in ferroelectrics below Curie point. I'm modeling a composition material consisting of dielectric matrix and ferroelectrics grains. The polarization and potential submit partial differential system below Curie point. This partial differential system is non-linear and has following view: æ•?? + ?•? - ?•?^3 = d?/dz-E0 ?•?? = 4?•dP/dz

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/07/14 12:30 GMT-4
æ•div(gradP) + a•P - b•P^3 = dFi/dz-E0
epsilon•div(gradFi) = 4pi•dP/dz
æ•div(gradP) + a•P - b•P^3 = dFi/dz-E0 epsilon•div(gradFi) = 4pi•dP/dz

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.