Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Relative residual is greater than the relative error

Abhirup Roy Choudhury

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am working on the flow simulation of blood in the non-Newtonian flow section of the Chemical Engineering module in COMSOL Multiphysics version 3.5a. I am using power-law fluids. However as I vary the value of n,the following error message appears in some cases: "Relative residual is greater than the relative tolerance " Even if I increase the value of the relative tolerance in the solver parameters settings, the error refuses to go. Please help. I am stuck.

1 Reply Last Post 2011/07/17 18:27 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Abhirup Roy Choudhury

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/07/17 18:27 GMT-4
I'm also stuck there, but some times it will give you answer if you fine tune the mesh at critical points (incresase elements) and try reducing velocity.
I'm also stuck there, but some times it will give you answer if you fine tune the mesh at critical points (incresase elements) and try reducing velocity.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.