Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Have somebody installed COMSOL4.0 at Ubuntu10.04 successfully?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

Have someone installed COMSOL4.0 at Ubuntu10.04 successfully? After I installed the COMSOL4.0 at Ubuntu10.04 according the manual, I got the following messages when I run it:

#
# An unexpected error has been detected by Java Runtime Environment:
#
# SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x0697e4b3, pid=2879, tid=3079243984
#
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (11.3-b02 mixed mode, sharing linux-x86)
# Problematic frame:
# C [libGL.so.1+0x164b3] glXGetConfig+0x23
#
# An error report file with more information is saved as:
# /home/yanxh/Soft/COMSOL40/bin/hs_err_pid2879.log
#
# If you would like to submit a bug report, please visit:
# java.sun.com/webapps/bugreport/crash.jsp
# The crash happened outside the Java Virtual Machine in native code.
# See problematic frame for where to report the bug.
#
Aborted

Then I tried at Fedora10, Ubuntu9.10 and OpenSUSE11.2. There are the same error messages in all the systems. They drive me crazy. Could someone give me some advice?

1 Reply Last Post 2010/11/04 9:18 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Wei Zhou

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/11/04 9:18 GMT-4
Have same error on xubuntu 10.04

My solution described at www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/5819/

Edit: .comsol/v40/comsol.prefs
set graphics.rendering.3drend=sw
Have same error on xubuntu 10.04 My solution described at http://www.comsol.com/community/forums/general/thread/5819/ Edit: .comsol/v40/comsol.prefs set graphics.rendering.3drend=sw

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.