Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

volume of the mesh element of deformed mesh and undeformed mesh

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear all,

I have a material property having a different density change in a domain and it could be
a function of individual volume of deformed mesh element and undeformed mesh
element.
Could you tell me how to get the volume of the mesh element of deformed mesh and undeformed mesh?

I appreciate your reply.

Thank you.

abebe

2 Replies Last Post 2010/08/03 5:57 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/08/02 15:36 GMT-4
Hi

Check (do an indexed search) the doc about the variable "dvol"

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi Check (do an indexed search) the doc about the variable "dvol" -- Good luck Ivar

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/08/03 5:57 GMT-4
Thanks for your replay,

Actually my problem is getting density change in a domain after deformation expecting that this change will
vary pointwise( I mean at different places different change in density with in the same domain).

still I couldn`t get a clear idea how to get it.

Best regards,

Abebe
Thanks for your replay, Actually my problem is getting density change in a domain after deformation expecting that this change will vary pointwise( I mean at different places different change in density with in the same domain). still I couldn`t get a clear idea how to get it. Best regards, Abebe

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.