Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Solver error joule/mechanics

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I simulated a copper coil in joule heating and solid mechanics mode.
(similar like the Tutorial bushbar )
The material is temperature dependent.
When I try to solve the problem I alwys get the same Problem :
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Error Stationary Solver 1 (sol 1 /s1)
Undefined value found

There are 5734 degrees of freedom giving NaN/Inf in the vector for the variable mod1.u
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now my question is how can I solve this problem. Is the problem the solver or anithing else.
When i enable the mechanics part the solution is no problem but all two together does not run.

Thank´s

Eller

1 Reply Last Post 2010/08/05 10:54 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/08/05 10:54 GMT-4
Hi

these kind of errors remind me rather of missing BC (boundary conditions) or variables (specially the indirect ones suc as material temperature and pressure that comes "hidden" if you use th library material.

you should start by trying to initialise your model with only the initial conditions "3.5: SOLVE>get initial values" if this fails your model is not complete and should be rechecked

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi these kind of errors remind me rather of missing BC (boundary conditions) or variables (specially the indirect ones suc as material temperature and pressure that comes "hidden" if you use th library material. you should start by trying to initialise your model with only the initial conditions "3.5: SOLVE>get initial values" if this fails your model is not complete and should be rechecked -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.