Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

COMSOL 4.0 - Code Generation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I would like to compare the code that is generated from the COMSOL GUIs (say diffusion) with that generated by the PDE General From GUI.

Is there a way to view the code that in generated by COMSOL that goes to the solvers to get chewed on?

I understand how to save a model as an m-file and I am not interested in those MATLAB commands. I would like to see the actual equations that COMSOL has generated from the user's input for solving, in addition to the implementation of the boundary conditions.

Thank you for your time.

1 Reply Last Post 2010/08/05 16:45 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/08/05 16:45 GMT-4
Hi

You will not find everything, but many of the internal variables are sown if you look into the:

3.5a: Physics > Equation Settings
4.0a: Options > Preferences > Show Equations ON

for V4 thereafter you will get one level more on the model tree showing some of the equations.

I expect that further info, as for 3.5 equations view, will be implemented once also in V4, but only COMSOL can tell you when.
I find that their V4 evolution is converging well, a few new minor relases and it's at the level of 3.5, with many interesting new possibilities

--
Have fun Comsoling
Ivar
Hi You will not find everything, but many of the internal variables are sown if you look into the: 3.5a: Physics > Equation Settings 4.0a: Options > Preferences > Show Equations ON for V4 thereafter you will get one level more on the model tree showing some of the equations. I expect that further info, as for 3.5 equations view, will be implemented once also in V4, but only COMSOL can tell you when. I find that their V4 evolution is converging well, a few new minor relases and it's at the level of 3.5, with many interesting new possibilities -- Have fun Comsoling Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.