Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Is it possible to solve the contact pressure in the time-dependent solver

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I want to model a contact problem, I need the contact pressure to be used in the another time dependent problem(heat transfer). The parametric solver solves the contact pressure perfectly, but when combining the time dependent solver, I also need to solve the contact pressure in a time dependent solver. I got some help from comsol to use the quasi-static solver in contact preblem, but can the contact pressure be solved with such a solver, I tried some settings but seems no solution. Any body who knows about it , please offer some help.

1 Reply Last Post 2010/11/15 9:10 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Shaojie Kang

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/11/15 9:10 GMT-5
I think it is possible to solve the contact problem first, then use the result which is pressure here as initial values for the time dependent problem, but I do not know how to couple the solvers, because the augmented lagrangian solver solves the contact problem and the bdf solver or generalized alpha solver solves the time dependent problem, and I can only use one solver at one time, does anybody know how to couple these solvers?
I think it is possible to solve the contact problem first, then use the result which is pressure here as initial values for the time dependent problem, but I do not know how to couple the solvers, because the augmented lagrangian solver solves the contact problem and the bdf solver or generalized alpha solver solves the time dependent problem, and I can only use one solver at one time, does anybody know how to couple these solvers?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.