Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Modelling cavitation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I'm new to Comsol and try to model hydrodynamic cavitation using the CFD module. Unfortunately, I don't know how to do this.

Hydrodynamic cavitation comprises the nucleation, fluid’s vaporization and growth, pulsation, if any, and collapse of bubbles which occurs in a flowing fluid as a result of a decrease and subsequent increase in its static pressure.

Are there any examples that investigate cavitation? Can anyone help me with this problem?

Best wishes, Murat

1 Reply Last Post 2017/01/23 10:30 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello James

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 7 years ago 2017/01/23 10:30 GMT-5
Hello! Have you been able to do this?

I'm working on cavitation and sonoporation due to High Intensity Focused Ultrasound in Solid Tumours and I'm struggling with this while not having much hints about how to perform this for non-linear effects...

Here is a example of a model based on the linearized wave equation in the frequency domain using Comsol:
dokumente.ub.tu-clausthal.de/servlets/MCRFileNodeServlet/import_derivate_00000007/db111822.pdf

I'm trying to use some of it's procedures but accounting for non-linear effects and building the model of my interest is not a trivial task for me.
Anyone can provide some help please?

My best regards!
Hello! Have you been able to do this? I'm working on cavitation and sonoporation due to High Intensity Focused Ultrasound in Solid Tumours and I'm struggling with this while not having much hints about how to perform this for non-linear effects... Here is a example of a model based on the linearized wave equation in the frequency domain using Comsol: https://dokumente.ub.tu-clausthal.de/servlets/MCRFileNodeServlet/import_derivate_00000007/db111822.pdf I'm trying to use some of it's procedures but accounting for non-linear effects and building the model of my interest is not a trivial task for me. Anyone can provide some help please? My best regards!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.