Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

parametric lenght

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi to all

in comsol v4 and v3.5,how can i define parametric structure , for example i want to sweep the lenght of my structure and sweep it
how can i ....?

1 Reply Last Post 2010/09/20 5:38 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/09/20 5:38 GMT-4
Hi

you have a few methods:

1) V4 via livelink to a CAD software where you define an equation with a parameter that you drive in COMSOL
2) V3.5 (or V4) via matlab an the COMSOL functions to generate COMSOL geometries, based on a parameter that you loop around a comsol solver call
3) in V4 via a parameter you define and the COMSOL geoemtry with a dimension based on the parameter

One limitation, the changes of your parameter should not change the topology of your geomety (no creation of new points, edges, surfaces or volumes, as this would change the item numbering and COMSOL would not really know how to apply the "correct" BC's to these new items

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi you have a few methods: 1) V4 via livelink to a CAD software where you define an equation with a parameter that you drive in COMSOL 2) V3.5 (or V4) via matlab an the COMSOL functions to generate COMSOL geometries, based on a parameter that you loop around a comsol solver call 3) in V4 via a parameter you define and the COMSOL geoemtry with a dimension based on the parameter One limitation, the changes of your parameter should not change the topology of your geomety (no creation of new points, edges, surfaces or volumes, as this would change the item numbering and COMSOL would not really know how to apply the "correct" BC's to these new items -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.