Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

star structure

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

hi to all

i have a structure like star in comsol for simulatting the wave guide but wave guide us not important for my question.

i want to know, do comsol simulate the star structure?

and do it;s answer is correct?

1 Reply Last Post 2010/09/21 10:54 GMT-4
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2010/09/21 10:54 GMT-4
Hi

I'm not sure I understand you right. If your waveguide has a star section shape and you want to analyse the mode(s) you can, but then the waveguide RF module is required as this is an electromagnetic simulation.

To generate the star shape you can via the COMSOL CAD or via an external CAD programme and then you import the geometrical shape

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I'm not sure I understand you right. If your waveguide has a star section shape and you want to analyse the mode(s) you can, but then the waveguide RF module is required as this is an electromagnetic simulation. To generate the star shape you can via the COMSOL CAD or via an external CAD programme and then you import the geometrical shape -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.