Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Piezoresistive stress coefficient in Comsol 4.0a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,
I am trying to model a piezoresistive based device using Comsol 4.0a.
A piezoresistive modeling (elevator_button) using Comsol 3.5 is available on the website but not for Comsol 4.0.
The piezoresistive coefficients does not appear in the MaterialProperties list in Comsol 4???
Does anyone got a clue where to setup the PieZoResistive coefficients?

Kind regards.

2 Replies Last Post 2012/06/22 16:00 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Aboubacar Chaehoi

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/02/18 23:57 GMT-5

Hello,
I am trying to model a piezoresistive based device using Comsol 4.0a.
A piezoresistive modeling (elevator_button) using Comsol 3.5 is available on the website but not for Comsol 4.0.
The piezoresistive coefficients does not appear in the MaterialProperties list in Comsol 4???
Does anyone got a clue where to setup the PieZoResistive coefficients?

Kind regards.

Hi Aboubacar

I met the same problem. Have you solved this problem about setting piezoresistive coefficient in COMSOL4.0?

Regards

James
[QUOTE] Hello, I am trying to model a piezoresistive based device using Comsol 4.0a. A piezoresistive modeling (elevator_button) using Comsol 3.5 is available on the website but not for Comsol 4.0. The piezoresistive coefficients does not appear in the MaterialProperties list in Comsol 4??? Does anyone got a clue where to setup the PieZoResistive coefficients? Kind regards. [/QUOTE] Hi Aboubacar I met the same problem. Have you solved this problem about setting piezoresistive coefficient in COMSOL4.0? Regards James

Bjorn Sjodin COMSOL Employee

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/06/22 16:00 GMT-4
The new version of the MEMS Module has 3 new dedicated user interfaces for piezoresistivity. Please see:
www.comsol.com/products/4.3/#mems
for more information.
The new version of the MEMS Module has 3 new dedicated user interfaces for piezoresistivity. Please see: http://www.comsol.com/products/4.3/#mems for more information.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.