Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

turbulent flow procedure using 4.0a

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Dear Experts,
Could any one help me with a documentation showing the modeling of turbulent flow in a pipe using the comsol 4.0a version. Thanks

1 Reply Last Post 2011/02/18 1:29 GMT-5
Ivar KJELBERG COMSOL Multiphysics(r) fan, retired, former "Senior Expert" at CSEM SA (CH)

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 decade ago 2011/02/18 1:29 GMT-5
Hi

I'm afraid that was not well documented in the early 4.0 version. I can only recommend to update to the latest version, ou will be less frustrated, and there it's far better documented. CFD was announced as really operational from 4.2, I'm already rather happy with 4.1 (still several issues though) but CFD and 4.0 was too early, at least that is what I got as clear message from the presentation of the COMSOL conference back in 2009, and again 2010.

--
Good luck
Ivar
Hi I'm afraid that was not well documented in the early 4.0 version. I can only recommend to update to the latest version, ou will be less frustrated, and there it's far better documented. CFD was announced as really operational from 4.2, I'm already rather happy with 4.1 (still several issues though) but CFD and 4.0 was too early, at least that is what I got as clear message from the presentation of the COMSOL conference back in 2009, and again 2010. -- Good luck Ivar

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.