Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

error 6194: power function

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have got a error (6194)

the error said: attempt to evaluate non-integral power of negative number
-function: power

failed to evaluate variable

whether someone know how to solve this problem? Comsol does not allow the non-integral power of negative number?

Thanks!

Xin

2 Replies Last Post 2009/12/26 10:43 GMT-5
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Xin Jin

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2009/12/26 10:43 GMT-5
OOps double posting
Sorry
OOps double posting Sorry

Posted: 1 decade ago 2009/12/26 10:43 GMT-5
Hello ,
pretty new to comsol,
i get the error 6194 in a context i dont understand..(seethe full error message below)

as you will see I use the operator abs before a square root operator [ with an extra non necessary parenthesis I added in the process] but I get tthe power of negative error...
If I remove the square root the problem disappear so it is clearly aassociated with it..
and the term under the square root is abs( expression). exactely as recommended in comsol manual...
any idea on what is going on?
Thanks in advance
JF

Exception:
com.femlab.jni.FlNativeException: Failed to evaluate expression
- Expression: d(d(((-px*test(px)-(Llamf+Lturbf)*test(p))-(pt*test(p)))*(dvol_ale),{test@5}),x)

Failed to evaluate symbolic derivative variable
- Variable: Lturbf@VDN$x
- Defined as: ((1/wf)*(((2*u1d)*(((-(dflc2hs((x_fluid_front-x),(0.0010000000000000000208*x_fluid_front))/(0.0010000000000000000208*x_fluid_front)))*u)))*((abs((eps_frac/wf))^0.5)*(0.10000000000000000555*rhof))))

Power of negative
- Function: ^

Stack trace:
at evaltree.cpp, row 866, ()
at evalnodes.cpp, row 1082, ()
at evalfun_binary.cpp, row 1184, ()
at com.femlab.solver.FlSolver.femTime(Native Method)
at com.femlab.solver.FemTime.run(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.server.FlRunner.run(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.util.i.run(Unknown Source)
at com.femlab.util.aa.run(Unknown Source)
Hello , pretty new to comsol, i get the error 6194 in a context i dont understand..(seethe full error message below) as you will see I use the operator abs before a square root operator [ with an extra non necessary parenthesis I added in the process] but I get tthe power of negative error... If I remove the square root the problem disappear so it is clearly aassociated with it.. and the term under the square root is abs( expression). exactely as recommended in comsol manual... any idea on what is going on? Thanks in advance JF Exception: com.femlab.jni.FlNativeException: Failed to evaluate expression Messages: Failed to evaluate expression - Expression: d(d(((-px*test(px)-(Llamf+Lturbf)*test(p))-(pt*test(p)))*(dvol_ale),{test@5}),x) Failed to evaluate symbolic derivative variable - Variable: Lturbf@VDN$x - Defined as: ((1/wf)*(((2*u1d)*(((-(dflc2hs((x_fluid_front-x),(0.0010000000000000000208*x_fluid_front))/(0.0010000000000000000208*x_fluid_front)))*u)))*((abs((eps_frac/wf))^0.5)*(0.10000000000000000555*rhof)))) Power of negative - Function: ^ Stack trace: at evaltree.cpp, row 866, () at evalnodes.cpp, row 1082, () at evalfun_binary.cpp, row 1184, () at com.femlab.solver.FlSolver.femTime(Native Method) at com.femlab.solver.FemTime.run(Unknown Source) at com.femlab.server.FlRunner.run(Unknown Source) at com.femlab.util.i.run(Unknown Source) at com.femlab.util.aa.run(Unknown Source)

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.