Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Number of Allowed "Release from Data File" Nodes

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I am currently simulating the optics of an implantable LED-lens system. Here, the LED has the shape of a hexahedron (Picture of LED attached). Five faces of the LED serve as ray sources. My plan is to define a set of points on each face and have them emit rays in a spherical fashion, with the axis of the rays perpendicular to that particular face. In order to do this, I plan to use the "Release from Data File" node of the Ray Optics module. As the axis vector for each face is different, I created five different data files, each containing a set of points on that particular face. Then I imported them to five different "Release from Data File" nodes. On running the study (I am using "Bidirectionally Coupled Ray Tracing", as I also need to study ray heating effects), I get the following error:

Error in multiphysics compilation. Syntax error in low-level element syntax representation. - Index: 111 - Type: elparticle - Field: time - Detail: Missing field

When I run it with just one "Release from Data File" node after disabling all the others, it runs smoothy without any issues. Can COMSOL handle only one "Release from Data File" node, or does the problem lie elsewhere? Please let me know how I should go about this.

Thank you. Abhinav

1 Reply Last Post 2019/06/13 2:06 GMT-4
Gunnar Andersson COMSOL Employee

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 5 years ago 2019/06/13 2:06 GMT-4
Updated: 5 years ago 2019/06/13 2:06 GMT-4

This sounds like a bug. Can you post the model here or send it to COMSOL Support? What version of COMSOL are you using?

This sounds like a bug. Can you post the model here or send it to COMSOL Support? What version of COMSOL are you using?

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.