Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Microwave heating simulation

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I'm trying a power temperature rise simulation of RF connector. After setting the input port and output port of the microwave frequency and power, I check the temperature rise, but the temperature rise result is far greater than the experimental result. I wonder if there is a problem with the boundary conditions, Thanks!

2 Replies Last Post 2021/01/06 0:27 GMT-5
Robert Koslover Certified Consultant

Posted: 3 years ago 2021/01/05 23:22 GMT-5

Are you allowing your RF connector to lose heat to the surrounding enviroment? If not, perhaps that is your problem. If yes, have you modeled that heat loss realistically? Perhaps you should post your model to the forum.

-------------------
Scientific Applications & Research Associates (SARA) Inc.
www.comsol.com/partners-consultants/certified-consultants/sara
Are you allowing your RF connector to lose heat to the surrounding enviroment? If not, perhaps that is your problem. If yes, have you modeled that heat loss realistically? Perhaps you should post your model to the forum.

Posted: 3 years ago 2021/01/06 0:27 GMT-5

Thank for your answer. I have added heat radiation and heat convection to the outer surface of the part, and it plays a role in heat dissipation, but the temperature is still very high. I'm not sure if the microwave power is not set properly.

>Are you allowing your RF connector to lose heat to the surrounding enviroment? If not, perhaps that is your problem. If yes, have you modeled that heat loss realistically? Perhaps you should post your model to the forum. Thank for your answer. I have added heat radiation and heat convection to the outer surface of the part, and it plays a role in heat dissipation, but the temperature is still very high. I'm not sure if the microwave power is not set properly.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.