Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Nernst-Planck equation without electroneutrality

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am working on a pH responsive hydrogel simultion in comsol I need a Nernst-Planck equation without electroneutrality section, but i can't find it in version 5.5 Is there any alternative way to solve this problem? Any tips or suggestion will be greatly appreciated, thank you.

2 Replies Last Post 2021/04/19 8:41 GMT-4

Posted: 3 years ago 2021/04/07 3:09 GMT-4

Nernst-Planck-Poisson.

Lasse

Nernst-Planck-Poisson. Lasse

Posted: 3 years ago 2021/04/19 8:41 GMT-4

Nernst-Planck-Poisson.

Lasse

Hi Lasse,

I am studying ion and potential distribution in a microchannel, a 2D model was built in comsol 5.5. I coupled Nernst-Planck equation with Poisson equation but I didn't get a, say, EDL distribution of ion in this microchannel, what i got it's a homogeneous distribution of ion and also potential in the whole domain. Is there any alternative way to solve this problem?(it seems it's just a electroneutral model) I put my model in the attachment, could someone help me with it? Thanks a million in advance!

>Nernst-Planck-Poisson. > >Lasse Hi Lasse, I am studying ion and potential distribution in a microchannel, a 2D model was built in comsol 5.5. I coupled Nernst-Planck equation with Poisson equation but I didn't get a, say, EDL distribution of ion in this microchannel, what i got it's a homogeneous distribution of ion and also potential in the whole domain. Is there any alternative way to solve this problem?(it seems it's just a electroneutral model) I put my model in the attachment, could someone help me with it? Thanks a million in advance!

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.