Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

How to use user defined function when plotting results?

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

I have user defined Interpolation function defined in Global Definitions but I can move it if necessary. The function name is userfunc1.

When I draw results from study, I can plot temperature for example when I set Expression as "T".

But I need to plot userfunc1(T). When I set Expression as "userfunc1(T)" I get error "Unknown function or operator". When I set Expression as "root.userfunc1(T)" I get the same error.

Any advice how to use user defined function when plotting results?

2 Replies Last Post 2022/04/07 5:13 GMT-4
Jeff Hiller COMSOL Employee

Posted: 2 years ago 2022/04/06 10:50 GMT-4

Hello Michal,

Have you done an "Update solution" (under the Study node) after specifyng the function? That could be the reason.

Jeff

-------------------
Jeff Hiller
Hello Michal, Have you done an "Update solution" (under the Study node) after specifyng the function? That could be the reason. Jeff

Posted: 2 years ago 2022/04/07 5:13 GMT-4

That works! Great, thank you.

That works! Great, thank you.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.