Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Turbulence variable residual does not converge

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hello,

I am running a steady state simulation considering fluid flow and all forms of heat transfer (conduction, convection, and radiation).

I have struggled a lot to make my case converge (even after 6 days does not work). My mesh should be good (minimum skewness of 0.01 with an average of 0.66 with about ~6 mil elements). The operating pressure is 30 atm, N2 as the working fluid. My domain has sliding walls with 400 RPM of rotational speed.

How can I reduce the residual for the turbulence variable (please see attached)? I have increased the # of iterations and reduced the damping factor. Also, I explored different segregated solvers. Yet, no luck:/

I am not able to share my geometry but I appreciate any possible ideas/hints.

Thank you!

0 Replies Last Post 2022/07/24 19:43 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Hooman E

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.