Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Quality factor for piezo device in 4.3

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi all-

I'm trying to calculate the quality factor for a piezo mems device in 4.3, using the piezo physics interface. Whenever I try to calculate it, I get an error saying that it's unable to calculate pzd.Dx2 or pzd.Dx3. I for the life of my can't figure out what these two variables are. pzd.Dx I've got, but what are these two, and does anyone know what would make it unable to evaluate them?

Thanks as always,
Kamala

0 Replies Last Post 2012/08/31 13:55 GMT-4
COMSOL Moderator

Hello Kamala McNaul

Your Discussion has gone 30 days without a reply. If you still need help with COMSOL and have an on-subscription license, please visit our Support Center for help.

If you do not hold an on-subscription license, you may find an answer in another Discussion or in the Knowledge Base.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.