Note: This discussion is about an older version of the COMSOL Multiphysics® software. The information provided may be out of date.

Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

missing internal contact bounderies when convert to solid

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Hi,

I have problem with introducing internal contact boundaries. A model consists with two glass plate and two cylindrical objects (model-glass plate contact with cylinders). The cylindrical objects are transversally loaded by the upper glass plate. The cylindrical objects have different material properties so the assembly method was used. To introduce contact behaviour in between glass plate and cylinder, points were used following cylinder_roller_contact example (Structural mechanical module -verification model). When I convert all the objects into the solid internal contact in between two cylinders are disappearing. I tried several ways to get that boundaries as contact pair but couldn’t.

Any comment is greatly appreciated

Thanks

3 Replies Last Post 2012/09/14 0:28 GMT-4

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/09/13 5:25 GMT-4
Hello, Nithila,

In your file, some material parameters (lam2, mu2, E1, nu1, lam1, mu1, BM4, SM4) are missing. Could you include them in the parameters list?

Jesus.
Hello, Nithila, In your file, some material parameters (lam2, mu2, E1, nu1, lam1, mu1, BM4, SM4) are missing. Could you include them in the parameters list? Jesus.

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/09/13 19:20 GMT-4

Hello, Nithila,

In your file, some material parameters (lam2, mu2, E1, nu1, lam1, mu1, BM4, SM4) are missing. Could you include them in the parameters list?

Jesus.

Hi Jesus,

Thanks for the reply. Please find the attach model in there I have include the missing parameters. I 'm not sure about the lam2 and mu2 but I put lam4 and mu4 which are relevant to the plastic material.

Nithila
[QUOTE] Hello, Nithila, In your file, some material parameters (lam2, mu2, E1, nu1, lam1, mu1, BM4, SM4) are missing. Could you include them in the parameters list? Jesus. [/QUOTE] Hi Jesus, Thanks for the reply. Please find the attach model in there I have include the missing parameters. I 'm not sure about the lam2 and mu2 but I put lam4 and mu4 which are relevant to the plastic material. Nithila

Posted: 1 decade ago 2012/09/14 0:28 GMT-4

Hello, Nithila,

Jesus.

Hi Jesus,

Please find the attach model. I have include all the parameter you have asked.

Thanks in advance.

Nithila
[QUOTE] Hello, Nithila, In your file, some material parameters (lam2, mu2, E1, nu1, lam1, mu1, BM4, SM4) are missing. Could you include them in the parameters list? Jesus. [/QUOTE] Hi Jesus, Please find the attach model. I have include all the parameter you have asked. Thanks in advance. Nithila

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.