Discussion Closed This discussion was created more than 6 months ago and has been closed. To start a new discussion with a link back to this one, click here.

Transfer data from one componet to another component by using genext operator

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

The below post is related to an archived discussion

[start here]Hi, guys.

I was wondering how I can transfer the stress distribution of the defromed structure from component 1 to component 2. Firstly, in component 1, I forced a flat beam curve (buckling); then, I imported this curved structure to component 2, in order to couple other physics field. While the stress distribution was lost, so how can I call the stress distribution of the curved structure from component 1 to component2?

Guided by the mentioned discussion above, data transfer from a flat beam (the initial shape) to a flat beam can be realised, while I failed to transfer data from the curved strcture to the curve. Also, I tried to export the stress distribution, and then import it. While this method may cause a serious error.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Kind Regards, Sheng

1 Reply Last Post 2022/12/05 2:40 GMT-5

Please login with a confirmed email address before reporting spam

Posted: 1 year ago 2022/12/05 2:40 GMT-5

I solved it by using genext operator.

I solved it by using genext operator.

Note that while COMSOL employees may participate in the discussion forum, COMSOL® software users who are on-subscription should submit their questions via the Support Center for a more comprehensive response from the Technical Support team.